Planned Improvement Works
As well as our commitment to providing a high quality Repairs and Maintenance service for our tenants, Homes for Northumberland continues to invest significant resources into the improvement and modernisation of all of our homes across the county through our Capital Works programme.
The Department for Communities and Local Government's 'Decent Homes Standard' is a minimum standard of housing provision which aims to ensure a minimum standard of housing conditions for all those housed in the public sector. Homes for Northumberland completed its Decent Homes programme in 2007 and all of our homes now meet the standard. However, work does not stop there. Recognising that this may not fully meet tenant's aspirations Homes for Northumberland have, in consultation with our tenants, developed a 'Decent Homes Plus' Standard which exceeds the Government's minimum requirements. We continue to carry out work towards meeting this improved standard.
Single Housing Investment Pot (SHIP)
Two 'SHIP' funded projects have recently been completed in Blyth:
The conversion of one bedroomed flats to Supported Housing
Extending one bedroomed bungalows to provide a second bedroom
In Alnwick, the 'SHIP' programme was completed in 2010/11:
Extending one bedroomed bungalows in Felton to create a second bedroom.
Improving and Modernising Your Home
Our Capital Works programme is designed to ensure your home is kept up to date and represents a major capital investment in our properties. It is customer focused, responsive, reliable and efficient. We continually monitor the performance of our Partner Contractors and the quality of our improvement works, including the very important issue of resident's satisfaction with the completed work.
In 2012 Homes for Northumberland launched its five year, £31million Capital Works programme at our annual Tenants’ Exhibitions in Blyth and Alnwick. Please click on the icon below to see which areas will have work carried out this year.
Other Improvements We Carry Out
Helping People with a Disability - Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Adaptations
When we carry out improvement works, we will take into account any special needs or requirements you may have.
- Where possible, we will adjust our standard designs to cater for the specific needs of individuals with disabilities.
- We employ our own Occupational Therapist who is able to advise and recommend the correct form of adaptations needed.
- If you would like to know more about this service contact us on the details below.
Our Partner Contractors
To deliver our Capital Improvements Programme Homes for Northumberland works with a number of Partner organisations including:
- Dodd Group
- Delta Ltd
- R Bland Ltd
- Thomas Connelly Ltd
- Wates Construction Ltd
- Homes for Northumberland's Repairs and Maintenence Team
Kitchen and Bathrooms:
- MGM Ltd
- Coast and Country
- Hodgson Sayers Ltd
- Homes for Northumberland's Repairs and Maintenance Team
- Straightline Construction
When we carry out programmed maintenance on our properties
Rather than waiting until our properties are in urgent need of repair, wherever possible work will be undertaken in a planned manner based upon 'Just-in-Time' principles. This helps to reduce costs by reducing travelling times for our Engineers and Tradesmen and achieves economies of scale in ordering materials.
What maintenance is carried out?
- Annual servicing of Gas Appliances
- Annual servicing of Solid Fuel Appliance
- Annual servicing of Smoke Alarms
- Periodic Electrical testing
- External Decoration
How we carry out programmed maintenance
We ensure the effective management and delivery of our Planned Maintenance Programmes by:
- Involving Tenants in all aspects of the service
- Ensuring 'Value for Money' is achieved through an effective Procurement Strategy
- Achieving an appropriate balance between Planned and Responsive maintenance in line with good practice
- Ensuring that schemes are delivered on time and within budget by effective project management
- Shorter turnaround from design to delivery on-site.
If you would like any further information regarding these issues/services please contact us as below:
Homes for Northumberland
Telephone: 01670 542 424
SMS Text messages: 07950 08 09 08 - Type the word Repairs and then your message
RNID Typetalk service : prefix number 18001